EmployerThe Ivy Medical Group
Location6 Lambley Ln, Burton Joyce, Nottingham NG14 5BG
Contract type: Permanent (6 sessions per week).
Ivy Medical Group is a training practice for medical students and GP registrars. There will be an opportunity to be involved with teaching and training of medical students and registrars. The practice will be improving their practice premises in the 5 years ahead providing up to date facilities.
They include 6 weeks annual leave with bank holidays in addition. There is one week study leave in addition. Indemnity fees are covered.
The practice have listed a brief overview of the clinical responsibilities required within this role. This is in no way intended to be comprehensive but provides an overview of the key aspects of the role.
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will:
- Make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
For questions about the job, contact: Dr Paramjit Panesar email@example.com or call on 0115 9312500.