Resources for Practice Managers
Practice Managers play an important role in the complex organisational structure of modern general practice, and are often the conduit through which the LMC communicates with GPs.
We’ve brought together various guidance from the BMA/GPC and the LMC on different topics affecting the management of practices on this page.
- Promoting a positive working environment
- Collaborative GP alliances and federations
- How to employ shared staff
- Pension rules for GPs employing staff
- Changes to the Royal College of Nursing’s Nurse Indemnity Scheme
- Reminbursement of GP trainee travel expenses for your practice
- GPs and disclosure and barring service (DBS) checks
- Running a general practice and roles
Partnership agreements and guidance
- Partnership Agreements
- Taking on new partners
- Identifying services that should not be provided by GPs
- Managing inappropriate workload
- Cross-border healthcare – EU Directive.
- Drugs – prescribing and dispensing.
- Vaccinations and immunisations.
- Patient information and data records.
- Overseas visitors and primary care.
- textileRef:190999392459f9e0d784c48:linkStartMarker:“Enhanced Service Specification: Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) 18 years on 31
August vaccination programme 2017/18”:https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/men-acwy-18-years-2017-18-service-specification.pdf
- GP audit tool recommended by 10 High Impact Actions will help you assess your practice’s appointment processes
Practice patient lists – validation and removal
- Practice list validation
- Removal of patients from lists
- Duty of care regarding test results
- List management
Other Service Provision Guidance
- When can you charge? (LMC)
- Blood tests for private patients (LMC)
- Visiting patients (LMC)
- Chaperones during intimate examinations (LMC)
- Accepting donations from patients
- Confirmation and certification of death
- Fit notes – guidance for doctors signing Fitness for Work statements
- Focus on…How your practice is funded
- Primary care in institutions or residential homes
- Understanding the NHS complaints procedure
- Use of 084 telephone numbers by GP practices
- Clinical waste self-audit tool and FAQs (must be completed every 5 years by practices)
- The future of GP practice premises – models of premises provision and case studies
- Physical adjustments to GP premises required under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Focus on sale of goodwill
- Focus on legionella control
- Making surgeries more accessible to people with hearing loss
- National specifications for cleanliness: primary medical premises