Managing anxiety and mental fitness
This section includes resources to help you manage anxiety and your mental fitness using techniques such as mindfulness.
Mental Fitness and Resilience
You can use some of these links below to help you take care of your mental health during this period:
- COVID zones is a useful visual to help guide you to be the person you want to be during this challenging time
- Calm Toolkits for sleep, gratitude, mental fitness and managing stress
- COVID Calm – Bite-size stress management for health care professionals
- Mental fitness training guide from Calm
- Dealing with COVID-19 anxiety
- Mental Fitness, wellbeing and resilience toolkits
- Building Wellbeing and Resilience – How are you feeling right now?
- NHS Online Toolkit | Beyond Coaching
- 10 Minute CBT – Mental Wellbeing During Covid-19
- A self-help guide for dealing with anxiety
Daily online stress management sessions via zoom for healthcare professionals
- HealthFlix is a series of free online classes from international leaders in health, wellbeing, psychology, and lifestyle, designed to help us all cope in this time of global crisis and beyond.
- Access a collection of free wellbeing practices and tools including self-compassion, gratitude, mindfulness, and connectivity from the Greater Good in Action website.
- Calm has produced a number of free mindfulness resources that you can practice in your spare time to help you manage stress.
- Shiny mind app is Free for all healthcare staff in Nottinghamshire. To gain free access to the app sign up via GPTeamNet and complete the survey to opt-in to the App which will then generate a username and password for you.
- Headspace is a science-backed app in mindfulness and meditation, providing unique tools and resources to help reduce stress, build resilience, and aid better sleep. All NHS staff with an NHS email address can access for free until 31 December 2020.
Access the FAQs and support for more information.
Podcasts and Video Resources
- Article: Mental health in a pandemic
Webinars, videos, podcasts
- SoundCloud Podcast by military medic Cormac Doyle with advice to help clinicians cope with high-stress conditions both at work and home and how to negate future effects of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- KCL Maintaining health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic from Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London
- Online Sessions and Podcasts from Oxford Mindfulness Centre
- Covid-19 Workforce Wellbeing Videos from Practictioner Health
- Webinar: Maintaining your wellbeing through Covid-19 from Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- Podcast: The Role of Uncertainty in Anxiety – Mr Richard Jones
- The Dukes’ Club health and wellbeing podcasts and resources.